Saturday, February 11, 2012

Replacing the old windows

During what has turned out to be the coldest part of the year, we took on the job of replacing the old wooden (single glazed) windows with new PVC (double glazed, gas filled) windows. We replaced the bathroom and kitchen windows. Below is me removing the bathroom window.
and the new one installed!
The kitchen window I did without Alison's help and it was really, really cold! When I was siliconing the outside, I had to take me gloves off and I lost the feeling in my fingers after a few minutes and couldn't pick up small objects! The temperature was below zero at this point.

Below is the old window with stickers on the glass so when I break the pane it doesn't all shatter.
I have removed half the frame in this picture, all you have to do is cut through the frame and use brute force to get it out....and try not to damage the brickwork and plaster!
The frame is simply screwed into the brickwork at 6 points, then siliconed to seal it.

I don't have a photo of the finished kitchen window, but they all look the same in the end :-)

1 comment:

  1. Replacing old windows will can make a house look clean and new. Moreover, the value of the property will increase as well.
    - KrollWindow.com

    ReplyDelete