Saturday, February 4, 2012

Roof insulation (warm roof)


I was trying to think of a was to insulate our front flat roof over the winter. Hopefully we will be replacing it this year some time. So I didn't want to spend too much money and time on doing it, but something needed to be done as the ceiling was so cold it was constantly wet and dripping with condensation!!! I decided to insulate the top of the roof as getting inside the rafters was going to be very difficult and messy. I bought 50mm polystyrene and placed it on top of the roof held down with bricks and paving slabs.

I thought I had come up with something unique till I read in a Reader Digest DIY manual that this is called a 'Warm Roof' and is a know way to retro insulate a roof.

From the top it looks a bit shanty town, but from the front is isn't very noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment